
We stopped at a little park before crossing the long causeway to beautiful Dauphin Island. Vance and Blake were watching the pelicans fly.

I was snapping pictures out the windows as we drove. This one is a little spotty because it's through the windshield.

Oh, my goodness do they have a nice beach! We had to hike quite a distance to get down to the gulf, and I just wasn't expecting that much sand. I'm used to beaches where you can see your car from the water.

When Vance set Blake down he stood for a second and then touched the sand and sat down to play. We had to carry him the rest of the way down to the water. He would have happily played right there.

Until he discovered waves.

He has no fear. Even though the water was cool he didn't hesitate. This huge smile lit up his face when each wave hit him.

Every time he looked down and watched the water he'd loose his balance.

Of course he played more in the sand.

He had his little shovel and pail and he'd dig a scoop of sand and carry it to the water to throw it in.


It was a gorgeous day. I wish we had more time to play at the beach. I actually wish we'd have brought our swim suits. I really didn't expect it to be so warm and pretty. I did manage to sunburn my shoulders a little bit. It feels so good after a long winter!
Looks like y'all had a wonderful time...expecially little Blake!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and thanks for sharing.
Love, aunt jane
I don't think I knew there was beaches in Mobile or by there... but very pretty! Lots of very pretty white sand. Looks refreshing as we've been having such cold weather! I'm sure you could hardly get Blake away from it!
ReplyDelete