Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Baby Boy!

Sniff, sniff! What happened to my tiny baby boy? I can remember so clearly one year ago today when I was able to see you, touch you and hold you for the first time. I stared and stared at your tiny little clenched fists and your precious little feet, those same tiny feet that had been kicking me so hard for so long.
I can't help but compare. This morning when I woke up your not so tiny, but still little feet were still kicking me. This time they were kicking my head. And yes it was about 5:30 in the morning. I can't blame you. It's your 1st Birthday! Of course you are ready to start your day, even though it is still dark out and Mommy hasn't had coffee yet.


Up and ready to party.


We bought him a sandbox. I don't know if it was a great idea, but we had good intentions. My thinking was he loves dirt and rocks, maybe the sand will be a little cleaner for him to eat and play in. He actually doesn't love getting it all over his hands.


Birthday cakes, I baked them Vance decorated them. His pirate cake was german chocolate and the #1 was a yellow cake.




Party decorations, treasure map place mats and a hook.



He'd just woke up from a nap in this picture. I think he was a little surprised to find people in his house.




And this his shiner picture. I was so hoping his black eye would be gone before his Birthday. He had an encounter with the kitchen table leg a couple days ago, and really had a goose egg. It was almost gone yesterday and then he lost his balance and hit it again. Poor baby!



I helped blow out his candle. He so wanted to reach for the flame.


Shane blowing out his candles. It was his birthday too, as he kept reminding us.


I thought surely my dirt and rock eating boy would be all about eating and smashing his cake. But noooo he poked at it and suspiciously tasted it.



He finally got into eating just a little bit of cake off his fingers.

And then her rubbed frosting in his eye.


All done!



He was super excited about all the presents and friends. He started passing out his gifts to everyone.




This lion from Bill and Tammy was a big hit. He wanted to play with it right away.


Then he wanted to take off with it.


Then he sat on it while he opened his other gifts.

The Black and Decker tool set from Mi and Pa is super neat. We ended up taking the plastic drill bit out of the drill because he wanted to run around the house carrying the drill with the bit shoved in his eye or forehead.


More presents, and still riding his lion.


And his "big" gift from Mama and Dad was the Alphabet train educational and fun!


End of a wonderful first Birthday. Blake was all wore out and ready for his night time routine with Dad. It took him awhile to wind down. Probably all the sugar and excitement.

I couldn't resist posting these day after pictures of Blake riding his Alphabet Train.

I like where he has his hand on his hip. He looks all professional and ready to go.

It was a nice Birthday party, and I think Blake had a good day. I missed not being able to celebrate it with family. But I am very thankful to our friends who came and made his party so special.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lindsey! I just linked over from Jamie's blog and was catching up - Blake is such a cutie! Glad he had a great birthday and glad you are doing well!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete