It's been a busy couple of weeks. At 2 month's I took Blake for his checkup and shots. He weighed in at 15lbs! The first thing the Doctor said was, "Your two month old is the size of a six month old!" He's a healthy boy!
He had to get his shots, which went pretty good. He did cry for about 5 minutes afterwards, but he has cried a lot longer and a lot harder over gas. I kept infant Tylenol in his system and he seemed to do okay with no major side effects.
The week before Blake's check up was very busy. We started with a visit to Blake's Grandma Dykstra in west TN. It was about a 5 hour round trip. I rode in the back the whole way. Blake would start to fall asleep, but every time we hit a bump he'd wake up. He did pretty good, but I'm not in a hurry to try a long trip anytime soon. Blake did take a really good nap when Grandma was holding him.
He had to get his shots, which went pretty good. He did cry for about 5 minutes afterwards, but he has cried a lot longer and a lot harder over gas. I kept infant Tylenol in his system and he seemed to do okay with no major side effects.
The week before Blake's check up was very busy. We started with a visit to Blake's Grandma Dykstra in west TN. It was about a 5 hour round trip. I rode in the back the whole way. Blake would start to fall asleep, but every time we hit a bump he'd wake up. He did pretty good, but I'm not in a hurry to try a long trip anytime soon. Blake did take a really good nap when Grandma was holding him.


Blake's Uncle Von was able to stop by and see him too. I think Blake had a good time hanging out with his Uncle, It was good visit, and I'm glad we were able to make it happen.

The following weekend Blake's Great Granny and Grandpa drove down from IL to see him. It was so nice to see them. Wish they could have stayed longer, but we enjoyed the time we had together. Blake as always stoled the show.

I had bought off ebay a Bumbo chair, and here he is trying it on for size. It was a pretty good, except it was just a little bit of a squeeze trying to get his thighs into the leg holes! Mama loves those chubby little thighs.

These next pictures are just too cute. Vance figured out that Blake became really quiet and alert when he held him up to look out the window.
This one also shows off his horse shoe balding. Blake's not Vance's. He's growing more in, but it looks like he'll have a mullet when he does.
This one also shows off his horse shoe balding. Blake's not Vance's. He's growing more in, but it looks like he'll have a mullet when he does.
Unfortunately, we had a family cold going around. The week of Blake's Dr. apt I got it, amd the next week Blake got it. It really wasn't a terrible cold, mostly congestion. Still it was no fun for the little guy. Between the shots and his cold his sleep schedule was shot to heck. He just started to get back to his routine, but day light savings time now has him goofed up. His 4:30 is now 3:30.
This Saturday Blake turned 11 weeks old, and weighed in at 16lbs. He's just shy of 24 inches long, and is wearing some 6-9 month onesies!
This Saturday Blake turned 11 weeks old, and weighed in at 16lbs. He's just shy of 24 inches long, and is wearing some 6-9 month onesies!
And for the grand finale the latest cute baby video. Blake is just starting to really laugh, and it is so fun to see! We took this just last week.

No comments:
Post a Comment