I can hardly believe that 4 weeks ago today Blake was barely a couple hours old. These last couple weeks we've been busy watching him grow. And boy oh boy has he ever grown! His outfits that are newborn size no longer fit. He protested hardily when I tried to put him in a sleeper that was a little too snug. I had to laugh because he was too long for it, and was so mad that he couldn't kick his legs all the way out. Don't worry he insisted that I get him out of it quick!
Vance had to go back to work this last week and we've really missed having Daddy at home. We were so fortunate that he was able to take off work for three weeks after Blake was born. But it was still a hard adjustment for all of us. Blake was colicky this week and when his little tummy hurts he has such a hard time sleeping. Thanks to some helpful advice from friends and family we are starting to get naps, and tummy aches figured out.
Aunt Jamie and Uncle Adam suggested running the vacuum in combination with swing time. It does help to quiet him when nothing else seems to work. It is an odd way of bringing some peace and quiet to the house, but it does allow me to get a few things done.
Here Blake helps Mama and catches a ride on the clean laundry.
Vance had to go back to work this last week and we've really missed having Daddy at home. We were so fortunate that he was able to take off work for three weeks after Blake was born. But it was still a hard adjustment for all of us. Blake was colicky this week and when his little tummy hurts he has such a hard time sleeping. Thanks to some helpful advice from friends and family we are starting to get naps, and tummy aches figured out.
Aunt Jamie and Uncle Adam suggested running the vacuum in combination with swing time. It does help to quiet him when nothing else seems to work. It is an odd way of bringing some peace and quiet to the house, but it does allow me to get a few things done.
Here Blake helps Mama and catches a ride on the clean laundry.
After all that hard work helping Mama around the house he needed time out to just kick back, put his feet up and relax on the couch for a little bit.
We had a big week with visitors and going visiting.
Wednesday we were invited to Ms. Kim's house for a visit. Before we could go on our field trip we needed to get presentable. Blake had his first official tub bath that day. Prior to that he'd had a couple sink baths which he wasn't to big on, and a bunch of showers which he loves. Turns out this little water baby is very happy in the big bath tub. I love his baby bath that fits inside our big tub. It's softer than the plastic ones and quite cushy as the absorbent material fills with water.Here Blake is just hanging out and letting his little rolls soak a bit.
His official 'Hey I'm clean pose.'
After bath time we were off to Ms. Kim's house for dinner. Nurse Keisha was there too. She suggested some Mylocin for the bellyaches. The first time we gave it to him he took a four hour nap followed by sleeping for another four hours when we put him to bed. I hadn't seen him sleep that soundly in quite awhile. Nurse Keisha always gives fabulous advice!
Blake was a good boy on our trip. He loved all the hugs and attention, not to mention all the compliments he got. Mama had a good time just getting out of the house and seeing her friends from work. I've missed everyone.
After bath time we were off to Ms. Kim's house for dinner. Nurse Keisha was there too. She suggested some Mylocin for the bellyaches. The first time we gave it to him he took a four hour nap followed by sleeping for another four hours when we put him to bed. I hadn't seen him sleep that soundly in quite awhile. Nurse Keisha always gives fabulous advice!
Blake was a good boy on our trip. He loved all the hugs and attention, not to mention all the compliments he got. Mama had a good time just getting out of the house and seeing her friends from work. I've missed everyone.
Thursday another friend came to visit. Ms. Kim's daughter Brooke came over to see us for a couple hours, and we had a nice time.
Friday Blake had a big adventure when he helped Mama mow the yard. I snuggled him in his Moby wrap so he could ride with me, and he was asleep within a couple minutes of starting the mower. I put a little cotton in both of his ears, because I was worried the mower might be a little too loud. I don't know that it was and either way it didn't seem to bother him. He only woke up when I shut it off.
Today we had more visitors when my cousin Kinsey and her family stopped to see us. It was wonderful catching up with Kinsey, and great getting to meet Kinsey's husband Eric and their little boy David. They were in Tennessee visiting some of Eric's family and friends and stopped in to see us on their way back to Illinois.
David is very cute and into everything. He found all sorts of stuff to play with in our house. It made me realize how much child proofing I'll need to do when Blake starts walking! I'm so glad they were able to take the time and stop by to visit.
Today we had more visitors when my cousin Kinsey and her family stopped to see us. It was wonderful catching up with Kinsey, and great getting to meet Kinsey's husband Eric and their little boy David. They were in Tennessee visiting some of Eric's family and friends and stopped in to see us on their way back to Illinois.
David is very cute and into everything. He found all sorts of stuff to play with in our house. It made me realize how much child proofing I'll need to do when Blake starts walking! I'm so glad they were able to take the time and stop by to visit.
It was a fun week for both of us getting to see everyone!
Looking back a couple weeks, when Blake was 6 days old we took a trip to Daddy's work to go see some friends. Here's Blake with Billie.







Oh my goodness! He is growing! Love all the rolls and falling asleep in the tub is so cute!
ReplyDeleteFun that Kinsey could stop by too.
Oh & I should add that you look great in those pics! And a bath always calmed Aidan when he was really fussy. Sometimes I would just give him a bath to get him to stop crying for awhile!!
ReplyDelete