It's a Boy!!

Last Monday Vance and I went for my first ultra sound. It was absolutely amazing watching the detail and depth that they could see. At first baby would not move his little foot. The ultra sound tech, a very nice lady, kept saying, "I think it's a boy behind that foot." Vance and I just kept looking at each other kind of laughing, but not sure what to say. Everyone, and I do mean everyone had been telling us they thought it was a little girl. We'd heard it so much I think we'd started to believe it too! After some delay, I had to get up move around and lay back down, he moved that little foot. Tada! Seeing as he's so modest I decided against posting the "proof" pictures that we got.
Baby is healthy! All the little parts that need to be there are there, fingers, toes and everything internal and external. He was weighing in at about 15 oz a week ago, and according to his measurements my Midwife says he's going to be "tall" when he's born.

Last Monday Vance and I went for my first ultra sound. It was absolutely amazing watching the detail and depth that they could see. At first baby would not move his little foot. The ultra sound tech, a very nice lady, kept saying, "I think it's a boy behind that foot." Vance and I just kept looking at each other kind of laughing, but not sure what to say. Everyone, and I do mean everyone had been telling us they thought it was a little girl. We'd heard it so much I think we'd started to believe it too! After some delay, I had to get up move around and lay back down, he moved that little foot. Tada! Seeing as he's so modest I decided against posting the "proof" pictures that we got.
Baby is healthy! All the little parts that need to be there are there, fingers, toes and everything internal and external. He was weighing in at about 15 oz a week ago, and according to his measurements my Midwife says he's going to be "tall" when he's born.
Easter Weekend
Easter Sunday, me at 22 weeks.
For fun we went back to Percy Priest Lake on Easter weekend. We used to go all the time when we lived closer to it, but just hadn't been in at least 2 years. The weather cooperated for one day and made it to almost 70. We grilled out, got slightly sun burned and just for the heck of it retook a few pictures of us there. We had taken family pictures at the park 4 years ago and I wanted redo them. Everyone was a kind of pasty white this time around from the lack of sun all winter, but it was mostly to see how much the boys had changed.
Below is the picture of us from 4 years ago. I thought briefly about bringing Duchess with, but she tires out pretty easy these days. Not to mention she's stone deaf, so trying to call her to us in a different environment didn't seem like a good idea.
Below is the picture of us from 4 years ago. I thought briefly about bringing Duchess with, but she tires out pretty easy these days. Not to mention she's stone deaf, so trying to call her to us in a different environment didn't seem like a good idea.
Big BrothersBoth Shane and Lil' Vance have changed, but Shane has definitely done the most growing and changing. At 6'1'' he towers over the rest of the family. However, he comes in really handy for those hard to reach items on the top shelf.

That's exciting. Aidan is happy to have a little boy cousin so close in age : )
ReplyDelete