Thursday, September 1, 2011

Birthday Boys!

August is THE Birthday month in our house. I say, why spread things out when you can cram all the fun into a couple days and party repeatedly.

We started with Vance's birthday- "Happy Birthday!"
I would have posted that on facebook because I am well aware that is the new official way to tell your spouse Happy Birthday, but I was on hiatus from facebook and he never check his.
Blake was having a very good time.
To good in fact. He had to blow out Dad's birthday candle too.
Several times in fact.
He was practicing for his birthday. 

As usual baby is growing up way to fast.  I wanted a picture of him first thing in the morning on his second birthday so he pretended to be asleep in Mom and Dad's bed. He's getting pretty good at fake snoring and pretending to sleep. If I didn't know better this picture could fool me. He actually slept really well all night in his own bed.  Probably because the day before he turned two we drove all day trying to get home from Panama City Beach.  We were all tired and glad to see our own beds again.  He is usually a little, early bird but on his birthday he actually slept until 8 in the morning!

Pre-party festivities, some people play pin the tail on the donkey, or waste money on a real pinata.  We have sword fights with the cardboard rolls from the wrapping paper.
Our other sword fighter also was celebrating a birthday.  Happy Birthday Shane!

All that practice blowing out candles paid off.  Shane did help too.

We had to re-light all the candles on the cupcakes for Blake to blow out three times.
And then on to opening presents.
With a quick time out for another puff or two just in case there were more candles that needed to be blown out.

The cupcake recipe is a really delicious one that I got from a friend, with cream cheese and chocolate chips in the center of each cupcake.  Blake wasn't as impressed.

After I put the cupcakes up Blake went back to the more important business of opening the rest of his gifts.
He'd received a lot of cards and several gifts in the mail. Always fun to open because I get to be surprised too. He got a fun little pretend laptop from Great-Granny and Great-Grandpa.
Meanwhile Shane and Dad worked on setting up the first gift Blake opened.

The inspiration (or desperation) behind Blake getting a mini trampoline for his birthday really came from every time we go over to the Manning's house Blake insists he jump on their big trampoline.  Sometimes we can't get him off of it, or if we do there is a lot of crying involved.  So I'm hoping he'll be placated with a little trampoline.  (Sounds a bit desperate I know.)
He loves to bounce, and bounce.
And bounce.
We didn't forget Shane.  He got a new wallet from little Vance, a burner for DVD's and CD's for his computer and a promise of a guided fishing tour.
We managed somehow to cram three birthday's into August, plus a quick trip to Florida.  Amazingly August is gone, Blake is two and time keeps flying by! Oh, and this weekend were having the "official" birthday party for Blake.  Coming soon: Blake's Birthday Party Take Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment