Friday, June 17, 2011

Sold!

Yesterday we sold our sailboat! Bet you thought I was kidding when I asked if anyone wanted to buy a boat. I'm happy. Vance is happy. I think it is going to a good home. It will have its very own boat slip and be on the water every day. I'm sure our boat will be happy.
The fun part about the whole thing is I googled the name of the guy who e-mailed us about our Craigslist ad before we gave him directions to our house. The news has had several stories lately about people getting held up and robbed from posting Craigslist ads and I wanted to make sure he didn't show up on TBI's most wanted list. He didn't. Brad Tursi did however show up all over the internet as an up and coming singer/songwriter for country music, and as the former lead guitarist for Army of Me. Sadly I was totally ignorant because at this time of my life if it isn't a Wiggles song or some children's song I don't know it. He even brought a guitar along just in case we wanted to swap his guitar for our boat. I have a feeling someday we are going to wish we had a guitar autographed by him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was fast! At least you got some great pictures of it when you took it out last!

    ReplyDelete