Monday, May 10, 2010

And He's Off...Almost

Yesterday evening Blake actually crawled! He's been scooting on his butt for a while now. He'd rock forward onto his hands and knees and stretch and reach as far as he could for a toys, and then sit back down. Yesterday he was playing on the floor with Dad and I was vacuuming. He loves the vacuum so I kept getting it closer and closer to him, but just out of reach. He was up on his hands and knees and then he took off. He didn't make it very far, probably just a couple feet. The really cute part is I don't think he is aware of what he was doing. He was so intent on getting that vacuum that he just went for it. It will be fun to see if he figures it out in the next couple of days.

This video is from a couple weeks ago. It features one of his FAVORITE things...the cat. I was laughing so hard you might hear me snorting a time or two in the background. I apologize for that.
Poor Hobbes I pretty well pitch him to Blake whenever I want to keep Blake busy or make him happy. I look at is at Hobbes doesn't catch mice, they scare him. Actually spiders scare this cat, so this is his way of earning his keep. In this clip Blake found Hobbes and then had him cornered.


1 comment:

  1. It's so funny how much they like cats. Both mine just loved the cats and "kitty" was both their first word after dada & mama. Aidan loves to "superman" over the cats when they are laying down or try to ride them : ) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete