We went back for another check up on Monday. The fetal fibronectin test came back negative, again. Which means we are good for another two weeks. My midwife did caution me that because of the pressure baby is putting on my cervix he can trigger the release of hormones that would start labor. We did figure out that I have been and still am having occasional contractions. Usually related to how tired I get. So I am supposed to take it even more easy, and in my midwive's words, I'm not allowed to get tired. The next couple weeks are crucial, and we are so close to the important 34 week mark. Of course I really want to go beyond that, but one thing at a time.
I also found out I passed my 3 hr glucose test. No gestational diabetes for me! I once again credit prayer for the good outcome.
Also, we have to go back on Thursday for another ultra sound. I guess it's already been a month since the last one. It doesn't feel like that long ago to me. We'll be going back to our favorite woman's imaging clinic, and not the one we had the bad experience at for more measurements of baby, and my cervix. He's still measuring small when she measures my belly with the tape, but in part because she can't measure all of him. His head is in my pelvis. We are saying prayers and believing for another good report.
In house news we sanded and refinished the wood floor in what will be the master bedroom last weekend. Of course I say we loosely. I acted in more of a supporting role aka "You missed a spot honey." The old oak floor turned out gorgeous. We were pleasantly surprised it wasn't as hard as we'd been told it would be to refinish, and the results were really amazing. I'll have to take a picture or two. We now can't wait to do the rest of the house. Once we finish the master bedroom and bathroom, mostly drywall work, paint and trim at this point, we'll move in and that will free up the back bedroom so that we can do that floor next. I can't wait.
More medical news and other updates later in the week. Hopefully it's all good news.
I also found out I passed my 3 hr glucose test. No gestational diabetes for me! I once again credit prayer for the good outcome.
Also, we have to go back on Thursday for another ultra sound. I guess it's already been a month since the last one. It doesn't feel like that long ago to me. We'll be going back to our favorite woman's imaging clinic, and not the one we had the bad experience at for more measurements of baby, and my cervix. He's still measuring small when she measures my belly with the tape, but in part because she can't measure all of him. His head is in my pelvis. We are saying prayers and believing for another good report.
In house news we sanded and refinished the wood floor in what will be the master bedroom last weekend. Of course I say we loosely. I acted in more of a supporting role aka "You missed a spot honey." The old oak floor turned out gorgeous. We were pleasantly surprised it wasn't as hard as we'd been told it would be to refinish, and the results were really amazing. I'll have to take a picture or two. We now can't wait to do the rest of the house. Once we finish the master bedroom and bathroom, mostly drywall work, paint and trim at this point, we'll move in and that will free up the back bedroom so that we can do that floor next. I can't wait.
More medical news and other updates later in the week. Hopefully it's all good news.
How is everything going? Hope you and the baby are doing well!! Continue to get some rest- you're going to need when the baby arrives :)
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on passing the three hour glucose test!! Woo hoo!! Brad doesn't believe me, but I swear that orange drink is the worst stuff ever!! Makes me gag just thinking about it :)
Anyway... take care!! And keep us updated :)